By Antoy Gitonga
The race to be the first MP of Gilgil constituency ended on a tragic note after the leading contestant died in a road accident.
She died on the spot after her ca, Isuzu Trooper lost control and rolled several times.
Four other passengers including her husband escaped with minors injuries and were treated and discharged in a local hospital.
Kariuki was also the councilor Mbaruk-Eburru ward and going for the seat of the newly created constituency.
According to area leader Boniface Thuo, the deceased was going to a campaign meeting when the accident occurred.
Naivasha OCPD Charles Kortok confirmed the incident.
Soon after the incident several MPs, civic and religious leaders sent their condolences terming the accident as unfortunate.
Former AP commandant Kinuthia Mbugua, Assistant minister Lee Kinyanjui, Naivasha Mayor Jonathan Warothe among others termed the deceased as a visionary leader.
“We pray that the family may have strength at this hard times and we shall continue to support them,” said Kinuthia who is seeking the post of Governor for Nakuru County.
Next Story »
- Meet convicted criminal authorities forgot to send to prison for 13 years
- British Army offer free medical camp to Samburu residents
- CORD says state has failed on security
- Teacher drugged more than 90 boys with sleeping pills before molesting them
- Police block sections of road in Pangani over claims of bomb in car
- IGAD strongly condemns killing of civilians in South Sudan