By Cyrus Ombati
According to police, a pistol, an AK47 rifle, two grenades and 15 bullets were recovered from the house where the two had been killed.
Coast police boss Aggrey Adoli says the injured officers are in hospital and in stable condition.
He added police had on Tuesday arrested a suspect in Changamwe area and he led them to a house where his accomplice was hiding.
“On reaching at the house, those inside refused to open and instead hurled a grenade at the officers killing his accomplice and injured our officers. He was later killed in a shootout,” said Adoli.
Police were still searching houses in the area of the incident with hopes of making more recoveries.
Adoli says they intend to make more arrests and recoveries as they step up war on terrorism.
The raid was conducted by General Service Unit personnel and their Anti- terror Police Unit counterparts.
Next Story »
- Meet convicted criminal authorities forgot to send to prison for 13 years
- British Army offer free medical camp to Samburu residents
- CORD says state has failed on security
- Teacher drugged more than 90 boys with sleeping pills before molesting them
- Police block sections of road in Pangani over claims of bomb in car
- IGAD strongly condemns killing of civilians in South Sudan