By Cyrus Ombati
According to police, a pistol, an AK47 rifle, two grenades and 15 bullets were recovered from the house where the two had been killed.
Coast police boss Aggrey Adoli says the injured officers are in hospital and in stable condition.
He added police had on Tuesday arrested a suspect in Changamwe area and he led them to a house where his accomplice was hiding.
“On reaching at the house, those inside refused to open and instead hurled a grenade at the officers killing his accomplice and injured our officers. He was later killed in a shootout,” said Adoli.
Police were still searching houses in the area of the incident with hopes of making more recoveries.
Adoli says they intend to make more arrests and recoveries as they step up war on terrorism.
The raid was conducted by General Service Unit personnel and their Anti- terror Police Unit counterparts.
Next Story »
- Soldier died after drinking ’16 shots in 30 minutes’
- MPs reject renaming of Kasarani stadium over Sh55m deal
- Philip Waki elected to head Residual Special Court for Sierra Leone
- Robin van Persie ready for Manchester United return against Everton
- Fifa World Cup 2014: Three stadiums to miss Fifa deadline
- Nyeri MCA nominations rock TNA