By Cyrus Ombati
According to police, a pistol, an AK47 rifle, two grenades and 15 bullets were recovered from the house where the two had been killed.
Coast police boss Aggrey Adoli says the injured officers are in hospital and in stable condition.
He added police had on Tuesday arrested a suspect in Changamwe area and he led them to a house where his accomplice was hiding.
“On reaching at the house, those inside refused to open and instead hurled a grenade at the officers killing his accomplice and injured our officers. He was later killed in a shootout,” said Adoli.
Police were still searching houses in the area of the incident with hopes of making more recoveries.
Adoli says they intend to make more arrests and recoveries as they step up war on terrorism.
The raid was conducted by General Service Unit personnel and their Anti- terror Police Unit counterparts.
Next Story »
- MPs condemn police brutality in handling Kisii University protests
- Opinion polls controversy and why Jubilee hired a foreign pollster
- Sang: I didn’t incite due to broadcast ban
- Democratic Party backs scrapping of Senate, Women Rep posts to reduce wage bill
- Police find a 14-year-old with a powerful stun gun disguised as an iphone
- County Rep survives grisly road accident at Ntulele black spot