By Joylene Sing’oei
Katoo Ole Metito is the new Minister for Provincial Administration and Internal Security.
The security docket fell vacant after the death of Prof George Saitoti in June 10 chopper crash that also killed his assistant and Ndhiwa MP Joshua Orwa Ojode.
Ole Metito was formerly an Assistant Minister in the Ministry of Regional Development.
Budalangi MP Ababu Namwamba has been appointed Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports to replace Paul Otuoma who has been moved to the Local Government Ministry.
The cabinet reshuffle has also seen Alfred Khangati, the Kanduyi legislator moved from Assistant Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister to Assistant Minister, Provincial Administration and Internal Security.
Hon John Mbadi has been appointed as the new Assistant Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister.
James Gesami has been reinstated as Public Health and Sanitation Assistant Minister.
The Thursday cabinet reshuffle and appointments were made after consultations between President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga
Next Story »
- National chamber looking to the future to improve business
- Upgrade of Mwatate-Taveta road to begin
- African States asked to ensure air, travel industries are not overtaxed
- Kenyan tech start-ups face funding problems, says report
- Flower farm goes green with solar power installation
- Why World Bank is concerned over capital demand on SMEs