Wildlife Assistant minister Josephat Nanok said degazettement of any part of the park will not be done without Parliament’s approval.
“The matter will come to the House for approval. No land has been given up so far,” Mr Nanok said.
The assistant minister was responding to a question by Emuhaya MP Wilbur Ottichilo.
Dr Ottichilo wanted Nanok to confirm if the Government had approved de-gazettement of part of the park for the construction of the by-pass.
The transport corridor will connect Mombasa Road from Ole Sereni Hotel to Langata Road through Kikuyu to the Nakuru Highway.
It will run along the park and Wilson Airport. This arc will detach about 150 acres of land from the 28,900-acre park. Kenya Airports Authority has said this is necessary because international aviation laws insist that no developments should be put up at least half a kilometre after the end of a runway.
Tuesday, the Emuhaya MP said the proposed degazettement will set a dangerous precedent.
He instead suggested that the Government repossess an earlier planned road reserve from illegal allotees and developers.
Mvita MP Najib Balala said the matter should go to the Cabinet first before it is taken to Parliament.
Nanok asked the Roads ministry to apply for fresh Environmental Impact Assessment before any work commences. He assured the National Environment Management Authority that all procedures would be followed.