By JOSEPH MUCHIRI
Boniface Murimi had his Sh100,000 bond cancelled after his mother withdrew the title she had deposited in court as a surety. Esther Njuru said her son had not shown seriousness in attending the court.
Murimi who had earlier been released on bond appeared before Senior Resident Magistrate Robinson Oigara and was accused of failing to appear in court as scheduled.
His mother said he had not appeared in court deliberately and requested her title deed preferring he be put in custody.
He was remanded until the next hearing date slated for October 4.
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda