He always stood with the poor defending their rights and fighting for freedom from the single party yoke. Martin Shikuku (1933-2012) was the poor person’s voice. A maverick politician who was respected for his mastery of the Standing Orders of Parliament and witty debates.
In mourning a national hero The Standard Digital invites you send your condolence messages to family.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry