By Esther Muchene
One of the most common challenges couples face when planning their wedding is determining where to get the right vendors who will deliver a good job and offer value for money. Considering the investment you’re going to make on this special day, which only happens once (hopefully), getting the right vendors is crucial.
• Did you attend a wedding and loved what you saw? There goes the clue. Request the bride to give you contacts of the vendors she used. If you are clever, you will get their contacts on site.
• For those who prefer to plan their wedding solo, it wouldn’t hurt to pay for consultation from a trusted wedding planner who will give you a list of vendors within your budget, thus saving you the time and hustle of running around.
• If you’re a keen reader, invest in wedding magazines, which will showcase different vendors in special features or adverts. Get their contacts and start calling.
• Should you have a trusted vendor you’re already working with, request for his or her assistance in getting other vendors whom they work with. For example, your caterer may know a good and reliable cake or décor vendor.
• For the tech savvy bride, research online and look for local wedding websites that host a list of different service providers. What is even better is you don’t have to spend a dime since online research is free.
• If you’re a keen observer, you may be able to get information from local wedding shows as much as they try to limit offering too much. Listen to the interviews and you may hear one or two vendors being mentioned either at the venue, photo session or bridal shop.
• Doing some groundwork will help, so set aside some time to go visit different vendors. Walk around, compare prices and services. Do not forget to ask for photos of events done and customer reviews.
• Finally, make your way to bridal expos that will have a variety of vendors showcasing their products and services.