Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya (WDM-K) party is planning to hold a one-day meeting for all aspirants wishing to vie for elective positions in the General Election on the party ticket.
In a statement signed by the party’s Secretary General and Minister for Education Mutula Kilonzo, the party expects all aspirants for various posts to attend the meeting scheduled for Monday August 6, 2012, at the Bomas of Kenya.
“Those expected to participate are aspirants for presidential, senate, governor, Members of Parliament, women representative and members of county assembly seats countrywide,” Mutula explained.
He added the party would also use the occasion to register members.
At the same time, Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka has stressed the importance of the family unit as a pillar of a stable society.
Musyoka said the nation that upholds family values remains united, respectable and prosperous.
“A strong family breeds a strong nation,” said Musyoka while congratulating newly-weds, Samuel Muoki and Beatrice Mutua, during their nuptials at the Karen Country Lodge, Nairobi. The groom is son of Mwala MP Reverend Daniel Muoki.
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda