By Cyrus Ombati
Eastern PPO Mercus Ochola says the bus belonging to Acacia Primary School was taking the pupils home when the bus was hit by another vehicle. He added that preliminary findings have blamed the bus driver.
“He joined the road without checking on the oncoming vehicles. Innocent and young children have been killed and injured. The injured are in a stable condition”, he said.
Police arrived at the scene and helped in rescuing some of the trapped children in the wreckage.
- New clashes in Brazil's before football game
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa