By Antony Gitonga
Forty seven-year-old Moses Kamau Ndungiere was left tongue-tied after the ruling by Naivasha Principal Magistrate Esther Boke.
In the ruling, the magistrate termed the act as evil adding that a deterrent sentence was needed to deter such incidents.
She said that the prosecution had proven the case beyond reasonable doubt and the accused was guilty as charged.
Boke noted that the minor had eloquently testified in the court giving account of what transpired adding that she did not see any reason why the minor could lie.
According to the magistrate medical reports adduced in court clearly indicated that the minor had been sexually abused.
In the case, Kamau had been charged that on September 27 and October 2, 2011 he defiled the minor in Mafuta Taa village in Mai Mahiu.
The accused who was unrepresented faced an alternative charge of indecently assaulting the minor by touching her private parts.
Earlier the minor told the court how her father arrived home armed with an axe and defiled her repeatedly.
The minor said that the father who works in a quarry threatened her with death if she told anybody about the incident.
And after five days, the accused was on it again and unable to walk the minor told some relatives upon which the accused was arrested.