By Lucianne Limo
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission ( IEBC) chairman Isaack Hassan asked political parties to nominate their candidates by August 15 and forward the names to the electoral body by August 23.
He also announced that polls for seven civic seats would also be held on the same day.
President Kibaki assented the Statute (Miscellaneous Amendment) Act 2012 two weeks ago setting stage for the by-elections.
The President amended the provisions of the Elections Act and thereby enabling Speaker of the National Assembly to issue writs for the pending by-elections.
The Kangema seat fell vacant when John Michuki passed on after illness in February. At the time of his death he was minister for Environment.
The Kangema MP was admitted to the Aga Khan University Hospital only two days after arriving from UK where he was undergoing treatment.
The two died alongside two pilots Capt Nancy Gituanja and Luke Oyugi and two bodyguards Inspector Joshua Tonkei and Sergeant Thomas Murimi.
- Moderate drinking in pregnancy 'harms IQ'
- Nigeria rolls to 6-1 win over Tahiti at Confederations Cup
- Mechanics engage police in running battles over land dispute
- Copter lands in farm causing panic
- Tale of IDPs stuck in forest 20 years after deadly tribal chaos
- Wife of IEBC boss seeks divorce, claims desertion