Riding high with his Mbona hit, the King of Kapungala, Daddy Owen, Sealed a mega endorsement deal with telephone service providers Airtel this week and arguably became the highest paid celebrity brandambassador in the country. Undisclosed sources told Pulse that the deal, which makes him the network’s official brand ambassador, is the best bargain any Kenyan artiste has ever cut (we are talking around Sh7 million)
It is one-year partnerships that will see the MTV-Award winning gospel star promote the Airtel brand and endorsing the brands products and services.
“As a brand we have been passionate about music for a long time and this year we are extremely pleased to unveil Daddy Owen as our new brand ambassador.
This great partnership is one of the avenues that we will connect with Kenyans and bring our brand values to life,” Airtel Kenya Managing Director Shivan Bhargava commented. “I am passionate about creating a positive change in our communities and I believe that my partnership with Airtel will go a long way in touching the heart sand lives of Kenyans,” Daddy Owen remarked.
Besides the whooping cash, Daddy Owen was offered a phone worth Sh70, 000 that will enjoy free airtime for a whole year. The singer is currently the top Kenyan Gospel Musician
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on ICC
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda