A man who had been mistakenly treated as a terror suspect has threatened to sue the Government for defamation and malicious prosecution.
He was set free on Monday after two weeks in police custody after police said they had no evidence linking him to the blasts that killed three.
On Wednesday, he claimed police interrogated him every day and tried to pressurise him into accepting responsibility for the attack.
“I was mistreated and psychologically tortured in the cell. I was sleeping on the floor for the last 14 days and being forced to admit to have been the one who threw the grenade,” he said.
Salim, who was injured in the blast, said the wounds on his leg and arm had worsened.
“I was just given drugs for some few days while inside the cells. My sores were still fresh yet I was abandoned and not given treatment,” he said, adding that in the public domain his reputation has been damaged for being linked to terrorism and murder.
Muslim for Human Rights said they would institute a legal suit against the Government for malicious prosecution, wrongfully arrest, torture and defamation.