At least three people have been killed in northern Lebanon in attacks from across the Syrian border, reports say.
The attacks took place in the Wadi Khaled region, where Syrians have taken refuge from the violence at home.
In recent days, there have been exchanges of gun and rocket fire between armed men on the Lebanese side and the Syrian military.
Fears have been growing that the 16-month Syrian conflict will spread further into neighbouring countries.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry