Mr Torres, better known as Fritanga (Fry-up), was detained minutes after getting married in a lavish ceremony on a Caribbean island on Sunday.
A US court has asked for Mr Torres to be extradited on drugs charges.
Police said they surprised Fritanga on the Caribbean island of Mucura moments after he had married his girlfriend and as he was preparing to host a party for 150 guests.
Police said Fritanga had spared no expense, inviting soap-opera stars and entertainers to the festivities, scheduled to last for a week.
They estimated the cost of the party at $1.41m (Â£900,000).
Alive and kicking
A video released by the police shows Fritanga's wife, a model, hugging him and sobbing as officers lead him away.
Police are heard telling guests to lie on the floor and keep their heads down as the arrest is made.
The video also shows Fritanga being shown a photocopy of his ID card by police and jokingly saying that he has trouble recognising it as he has not used it for a few years.
Official documents later showed Mr Torres was listed as deceased.
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa
- Rapid desertification in Kenya threatening livelihood