BY Edwin Makichie
Four family members have died and two others are admitted in a critical condition following an accident that occurred at Chepkosa along Bomet-Kaplong highway.
The six family members were travelling from Nairobi to Kisii when the vehicle burst its back tyre and veered off the road before landing in a ditch.
The driver of the vehicle died on the spot while the other six victims were rushed to Tenwek mission hospital. Three of them were pronounced dead on arrival while the rest are in a critical condition.
Bomet OCPD George Losku said the scene of the accident is one of the black spots in the region. He urged drivers to exercise caution.
Losku bemoaned the increasing number of accidents along the highway saying that so far it has claimed eight lives in just one month.
He also hit out at Kenya National Highways Authority for not erecting bumps on the black spots even after petitioning them on several occasions
“I have forwarded these recommendations on several occasions before but no action has so far been taken’’ he said.
- Koskei plans abattoirs in Counties as part of Agriculture reforms
- Supremacy battles serve only to entertain, distract
- Late Judge Moijo’s son killed in road accident
- TJRC report is out and we must now handle our past
- We must keep candle of African unity on, no matter how dark the night
- The world’s fastest police vehicles