By John Majau
Seven herders aged between 12 and 60 years were Friday murdered in cold blood by a group of suspected armed cattle rustlers at Ndoleni division in Igembe north.
Igembe North OCPD Cornelius Sigor said the group of the rustlers sprayed bullets to the herders when they raided their Manyatta at 5am.
“The raiders just struck the village at dawn and opened fire indiscriminately. The village was awoken by the gunshots,” said Sigor.
Sigor said the rustlers killed seven on the spot while two others were injured and are admitted in hospital.
He said no animals were stolen during the dawn attack noting that the injured herders sustained chest and leg gun wounds and are admitted at the Maua Methodist hospital in critical condition.
“We are baffled by the incident since no animals were stolen. We are currently investigating the matter as well as try to find out the motive of the killers,” said Sigor.
- Supremacy battles serve only to entertain, distract
- Late Judge Moijo’s son killed in road accident
- TJRC report is out and we must now handle our past
- We must keep candle of African unity on, no matter how dark the night
- The world’s fastest police vehicles
- Five bodies recovered in Kenya-Somalia border attack