In a country where poverty is rampant and institutions are weak, the battle for power is set to intensify.
The authors unravel how the rainbow nation has reached such a pass. What are the origins of the Alliance and will it survive the current power struggles?
Who are the forces – some shadowy, some criminal – that operate within or alongside the Alliance? Most importantly, they seek to answer the burning question of whether South Africa is destined to become another African tragedy, or whether there is still promise of growth and a stable democracy.”
Kenya turns 50 next year; a controversial president should be in a position to make a clear call on this trajectory in our history.
Other Kenyans should step forward, with additional controversies.
The writer is a media consultant.
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda