What has the commission been doing to reconcile communities that fought so they can live in peace?
Nyaundi: The commission has provided a platform for those who were wronged to speak about the violations that were committed against them. We have also given an opportunity to those who it is alleged committed the wrong to respond. Reconciliation is encouraged by the act of acknowledgement and we shall also make recommendations aimed at reducing past injuries to prevent recurrence.
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Diplomatic passports, special number plates for governors
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa